Creative Writing - History of Hands - Part 2 - As Part of Project -

 Written 12 Mar 21 - Transcribed 15 Mar 21


This part 2 of History of Hands - 10 Minutes Timed - The assignment here is to do 3 or 4 Memories of the same thing (hands) - but different episodes or circumstances


*****************************************************

# 1


I remember my first tennis tournament.


I remember my sweaty right palm and the fear my racket might fly out of my hand and crack someone's head open.


My family, that is to say, my wife, Stephanie, my daughter Vanessa, and I had recently moved to a beautiful spot. An island in the Newport Bay. In Newport Beach California.


Stephanie was pregnant with our second kid. Soon-to-be Chelsea. Chelsea was born a few months after the move. Lido Isle has three tennis courts. They were not the reason we had moved there. Neither Stephanie nor I played tennis. Vanessa was only three. She didn't play either. Yet.


I'd had a few weeks of tennis at La Canada Junior High School when I was in seventh grade. It was part of a Lazy Susan approach to our PE classes. We spun around getting a hands-on experience of every conceivable sport.


Lido Isle and its three pristine private tennis courts had its own Tennis Club. At first, we were not members.


But, then one day, I'd heard the club was having a tennis tournament. I was curious what that was like. I decided to walk over to the "beginner" level courts and see what was going on. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creative Writing - History of hands4 - Hands Part 4 - 3 Quick Memories - Highlights - As Part of Project -

Creative Writing - Describe Object - Tennis Racket - 20 Min Timed - Like Strawberry Exercise