Creative Writing - Focus for final project - V.2 - Edited
16 Mar 21 -
What I’d like to focus on in final project. Do Your Thinking Through Your Writing - This is Version 2 - Edited down for posting on Domestika Site Forum....
**************************************************************************
The first time Shaun mentioned that his project would be about his feet, running shoes, and running, I knew with certainty mine would focus on my tennis racket, my hand hanging on to it for dear life, and tennis.
I’ve been playing high-level competitive tennis since I was 50. I plan to write my final project on my 24-year journey (so far) with my tennis racket in my sweaty hand.
The overall theme is that tennis is life. To be good at and get the most out of both takes awareness of who and where you are. And who and where you want to be. How high is your aim? How much are you willing to sacrifice and risk?
Both tennis and life take practice, the intention to improve, and the will to stay focused on your targets.
You want to make both fun. And also take both the process and results of both tennis and life seriously.
Both involve overcoming obstacles, competitors, opponents, and unanticipated circumstances that are outside your control. How do you cope with them? How do you overcome them? How do you handle them mentally, physically, and emotionally? Even spiritually, perhaps?
I also intend to introduce a variety of characters I've encountered along my tennis tournament journey. Some became friends simply because we had a desire to beat the crap out of each other on court. And gained of mutual respect during the battle. As in life.
And places. Geography. Settings for tennis tournaments and matches. Perfect and imperfect conditions that you have to deal with rather than whine about or use as excuses for not performing at your highest and best level. As in life.
I could go on and on. I'm sure the hardest part of this assignment for me will be to restrain myself and honor the 1,000 word limit for the Final Project. However, that's the assignment. That's the “rule."
And, I feel that in writing assignments like this, it's important to adhere to the rules. As it is tennis. As it is in life.
Comments
Post a Comment