Why My End Creative Writing Project Might Relate To Tennis

 Writing 6 Mar 21 - Transcribed 13 Mar 21


Creative writing assignment: Write 5 minutes on anything that  might relate to my potential project. 

*****************************************



#1


Why might my project relate to tennis?


Right now, in my life, tennis is one of my most important things. It's a main focus. In my life. Progress. Improvement. As in tennis, in life.


I have other things. Temperament work. Wood carving. Trading currencies. Friends and family.


So, why tennis?


Playing sports was always a big part of my life. Baseball, football, track, basketball. Playing in the street with my friends. Hit the bat! Swimming in the ocean and in the big swimming pool at my La Canada house.


Sports were and are fun. Games. I never said I need to go to work now and work football. I said I'm going to "play" football. And I never say now that I need to go work tennis. I "play" tennis." It's fun

***********************************************


# 2 Timed Writing 5 Minutes - What Does Creative Writing Have to Do With Tennis?

**********************************************


What does creative/fiction writing have to do with tennis?


I sit here, on my bed, alone. A pen and blank page staring at me. The pen is my tool. I use it to create. I create anything I want. As far as this paper and pen are concerned, I am God.


A tennis match also starts as a blank page. I have a tool. Not the pen. It's my tennis racket. I have the ability to create my world out there on the tennis court with that tool...with my racket.


There is, however, a huge difference. In the tennis game, I'm not the God of creation. There's an opponent out there. He or she wants to stop me from creating the tennis court world exactly the way I want it. He or she has the same blank page as me. The same tool. The opposite goal. Competing Gods.


Another difference is that while writing (fiction at least), there isn't a clear goal "to win." There is nothing to win. My only opponent is myself, and sometimes the pen and blank page. That may be the biggest difference. 


In addition, one is totally sedentary. The other is the opposite of sedentary. What is that? Moving? Active? Mobile? Athletic? Zippy? Energetic? Hopefully, I can be all of those at the same time.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creative Writing - History of hands4 - Hands Part 4 - 3 Quick Memories - Highlights - As Part of Project -

Creative Writing - Describe Object - Tennis Racket - 20 Min Timed - Like Strawberry Exercise

Creative Writing - History of Hands - Part 2 - As Part of Project -